Second Call for Papers
RESEARCHING ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN TRANSITION ECONOMIES:
Is free trade working for transitional and developing economies?
We are pleased to invite you to the 5th REDETE conference, which will take place in Belgrade, Serbia, 28-30 October 2016 in cooperation with Faculty of Economics - University of Belgrade.
As the Conference title suggests, we welcome research papers that examine key trends and challenges of free trade in transitional and developing countries. In that context, the most concerning questions/issues are:
- Should countries regulate foreign investment?
- Is foreign capital essential?
- Does culture influence economic development?
- What is bad about privatisation?
- Private versus state enterprises.
- Can financial prudence go too far?
- Does corruption harm economic development?
Apart from these general questions the scope for research questions related to entrepreneurship is unlimited.
Free trade or economic liberalisation is increasing linked to international relations and international negotiations between countries. In other words, political competitions determine the individual government's policy preferences. Therefore, a number of the conference tracks are devoted to the associated teams.
We shall particularly value papers based on reach empirical data and methodologically innovative research, and encourage doctoral students and young researchers to prepare their evolving research for the writing workshop that will be organised during the Conference.
We shall have again a selection of distinguished scholars as key notes and special guests
- Prof. Johan Gaddefors, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Economics, Sweeden
- Prof. Peter Rosa, The University of Edinburgh, UK
- Prof. Joern Kleinert, University of Graz, Institute of Economics
- Prof. Andrew Burke, Trinity College Dublin, the Dean of Business Studies, Ireland
- Prof. Alistair R. Anderson - Robert Gordon University, UK, (Editor of Entrepreneurship & Regional Development)
- Prof. Predrag Bjelic, University of Belgrade, Faculty of Economics
- Prof. Donato Iacobucci, University of Ancona, Italy
- Prof. Vassilios Fouskas, University of East London, UK, (Editor of the Journal of Balkan and Near Eastern Studies)
- Prof. Dejan Jovic, University of Zagreb, Faculty of Political Science, Croatia
- Prof. Roy Thurik, Erasmus School of Economics and Free University in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Abstract submission (300-700 words): deadline 30 June 2016
Notification of acceptance: 10 July 2016
Full paper submission deadline: 25 July 2016
Review results/acceptance notification: 20 August 2016
Registration from: 1 September 2016
Conference: 28-30 October, 2016
Abstract and final papers should be sent to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Instructions for authors in the attachm).
THE CONFERENCE FEE:
Participant (attending / paper presenting author): 200 EUR
Accompanying co-author: 150 EUR
Publishing only (without attending / presentation): 150 EUR
Doctoral students: 120 EUR
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any question you might have:
Zoran Borovic (conference secretary): email@example.com, +387 (0) 65 607 070
Jovo Ateljevic (the chair): firstname.lastname@example.org, +387 (0) 65 412 521